Friday, February 17, 2012

My Daily Routines

While most of us are trying to avoid the pitfalls of daily routines, in the fourth grade we are embracing them! We've been working on some key vocabulary this year - time, food, places, and action verbs - and we're finally putting them all together to talk about Our Daily Routines.  Like one big English vocab puzzle, it's nice to see everything we've learned so far fall into place.  We're brushing our teeth at 8.45 after eating breakfast at 8.30.  We do our homework at 17.00 and eat our dinner at 20.30.  The most-loved routine seems to be when we head home after school at 14.00.

However, when talking about our daily routines, a discussion on differences in routines between Spain and the U.S. is inevitable, with a classroom of perplexed students to follow.  There's always an audible gasp when I tell the students when I eat lunch back in Oregon (What?! TWELVE THIRTY IN THE AFTERNOON?!) or at what time I go to bed (TEN THIRTY?! HOW EARLY!). Quite possibly my favorite daily routine to talk about is when I eat dinner (6.30pm). I sometimes feel like I might as well be speaking Pig Latin when my students sit in disbelief at just how strange my own daily routine is. 




Check out our finished artwork! Que chulo, no?

- Robyn

1 comment:

  1. What fun! It's great to catch up on the goings on at good ol' CEIP Lope de Vega. Thanks for keeping us informed. :)

    hasta luego,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete